During the Covid-19 crisis, we have been closely monitoring the guidance provided by Public Health England, Government and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists. We have, and continue to offer, remote video or telephone consultation.
If you fall within the vulnerable group, have symptoms associated with COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19, within the last 14 days, we advise you to carry on with your remote sessions.
We have put numerous new measures in place to ensure your safety whilst you are at the clinic. You will be advised of these measures, during a pre-appointment call. They are noted on the screening form. You can make your appointment as usual, but prior to your appointment, we will be asking you some screening questions, to help us work out, with you, the best way to treat you and your condition.
To ensure that you are fit and well to attend the clinic, all patients must complete the screening form. This form will be emailed to you and must be returned by email the day before your appointment.
For your information, here is how we have adapted to the current situation:
1. We will be adhering to strict social distancing in communal areas.
2. We have decided, at this point, to have no clients in the waiting area. We ask you, therefore, to wait in your car/in the car park area, and you will be collected from there.
3. PPE will be worn by your physiotherapist. Please wear a face covering when you are in the building.
4. We will, of course, continue to be thoroughly hygienic, but will spend a little longer in cleaning down the clinical areas, between our clients.
5. Ideally, we would prefer payment to be made by card. Alternatively, payment can be made via bank transfer. Payment should be made within 24 hours of your appointment.
We want to assure all of you, our clients, that these measures will not detrimentally affect your positive experience of attending the clinic.
If you have any queries, then please do give us a call on 0151 645 6111